Breast augmentation can be a life-changing procedure for a woman. It’s a personal choice that should be made with great care and for the right reasons. With more than 25 years of plastic surgery experience, Dr. Rouchdi Rifai offers expert advice to patients seeking breast augmentation in the Detroit, Michigan area.
Some of the most common reasons women consider breast augmentation include:
- Personal embarrassment caused by asymmetric or abnormally developed breasts
- Dissatisfaction with breasts that have lost volume or shape due to pregnancy, weight loss or aging
- Self-consciousness or disappointment caused by breasts that feel too small
As an ideal breast augmentation candidate, you should have realistic expectations about how the procedure will affect your life and what it will actually accomplish. If Dr. Rifai has concerns regarding your breast augmentation candidacy, he will have an honest conversation with you about his assessment to help you make an informed decision.
You might not be an ideal candidate if:
- Your breasts are still in development
- You have major health concerns that can potentially affect the success of the breast augmentation
- You are a mother who is currently pregnant or breast-feeding
- You have been diagnosed with cancer or a pre-cancer condition for which you have not yet received adequate treatment
To help you with your decision-making process, Dr. Rifai offers before & after photos for potential breast augmentation candidates to review.
If you are interested in pursuing breast augmentation in the Detroit, Michigan area, contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & at 248-723-9370 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rifai today.