If you’ve been working hard to achieve the body you want, you may find it difficult to achieve all the results you originally had in mind. Many women find it difficult to get rid of excess skin that stretched to hold the weight they gained. If you’ve reached your ideal weight, or a weight close to it, you may want to consider getting a tummy tuck (also known as abdominoplasty).
When you work to achieve your goals, you deserve to have the body you’ve been envisioning. However, losing excess skin on your own isn’t likely, and this issue may be holding you back from reaching your health goals. With a tummy tuck, you’re able to change this. You’ll be able to:
- Lose Excess Weight: If you’re close to your fitness goals but seem to be stuck, getting a tummy tuck might help you get back on track.
- Look Lean and Smooth: Many women have a hard time reshaping their bodies after pregnancy. With this procedure, you’ll look even better than you did before you had your first child.
- Eliminate Back Pain: Many women are surprised by how much excess skin weighs them down. Having this skin removed will help you feel better and eliminate aches and pains.
How Does It Work?
When performing a tummy tuck, specialists like Dr. Rifai from the Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery Clinic will make an incision near your hip and abdomen. They will then work to repair, tighten, and firm your muscles to help them fit better underneath your skin. After this has been accomplished, they will carefully drape your skin back over your abdominal muscles and “tuck” it in to give it a smooth and firm look. The whole procedure should only take about three to four hours to complete and is fairly simple. After it is over, you’ll likely feel some discomfort and pain, but these will be treated with pain medications.
What Are the Benefits?
By having an abdominoplasty, you’ll be able to:
- Look and feel young again
- Get rid of sagging skin that has been weighing you down for years
- Decrease or eliminate the amount of back pain you’re feeling
- Get rid of your stretch marks and have a body that may be in even better shape than you were before pregnancy
If you’ve been struggling to achieve your fitness goals, abdominoplasty may be just what you’ve been looking for.