If you’ve tried dieting and exercise, but you’re still not seeing the results you want, liposuction might be right for you. Though not everyone is a viable candidate, most Birmingham residents can use liposuction to achieve the aesthetic results they want most.
First and foremost it’s important to realize that liposuction is not a weight loss tool. Liposuction is a body contouring procedure that is best suited to candidates who are already near their ideal weight. This procedure is intended to target stubborn fat pockets and excess tissue that is unresponsive to diet and exercise.
Generally, liposuction can be applied all over the body to areas including:
- Your abdominal region, including ‘love handles’
- Your face and neck, including the cheeks and chin
- Your thighs, knees, buttocks and hips
- Your upper torso including the chest, back and arms
In most cases, Dr. Rifai can treat any area of your body that might benefit from liposuction.
Before undergoing the procedure however, it’s important to ensure you meet the required standards, such as:
- Being in a general state of well-being with no major medical issues
- Having realistic expectations about what the procedure can and cannot accomplish
- Meeting requirements for skin elasticity
- Being within roughly 25 pounds of your ideal weight
- Adhering to Dr. Rifai’s recommendations regarding lifestyle choices that can negatively affect your surgery, such as smoking
Sometimes if you are not a viable candidate for liposuction, Dr. Rifai can recommend an alternative option to better suit your needs.
If you are an Birmingham resident interested in sculpting your body with liposuction, contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & at (248) 723-9370 today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rifai.
Ready to Get Started?
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION TODAY!
Are you ready to take the first step toward a more confident you? Contact our office today to schedule a consultation appointment with Board-Certified Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr. Rifai.schedule now