When you are close to your ideal weight, but still have sagging skin and excess fat on your abdomen, you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck (also referred to as an abdominoplasty). With over 3 years of experience, Detroit cosmetic surgeon Dr. Rouchdi Rifai can help you achieve the smoother, flatter abdomen you’ve always wanted. Please view below some of Dr. Rifai’s patients for tummy tuck.
Left is before and right is After
Benefits of Abdominoplasty
The tummy tuck procedure comes with many benefits, including:
- Get rid of sagging skin. If you’ve lost a significant amount of weight, you likely have a belly full of unsightly sagging skin. With abdominoplasty, you can have the trimmer figure you’ve worked so hard for.
- Reclaim your pre-pregnancy body. After childbirth many women find that no amount of diet and exercise will return their abdominal muscles and skin to their sleek pre-pregnancy look. With a tummy tuck, you can regain those youthful contours.
- Eliminate back pain. Excess fat and skin on your abdomen can add stress to your lower back. Trimming your figure with a tummy tuck can eliminate that unneeded strain on your back.
- Reduce the signs of aging. A bulging abdomen can make you look older than you are. With abdominoplasty you can look as young as you feel by tightening loose abdominal skin.
- Eliminate stretch marks. If you have stretch marks on your lower abdomen from pregnancy or other weight gain, a tummy tuck procedure may rid your body of those glaring lines.
Each patient has their own reasons for wanting an abdominoplasty. To make sure it is the right procedure for you and to get all of your questions about abdominoplasty answered, please call 248-723-937 today for your tummy tuck consultation with Detroit area cosmetic surgeon Dr. Rifai.
The Abdominoplasty Procedure
The tummy tuck procedure usually lasts about three to four hours. During your procedure, Dr. Rifai will make an incision between your hip bones in your lower abdomen. He will remove excess skin from your abdomen and repair and tighten your muscles before re-draping your skin for a natural looking, firmer belly. To remove excess fat in the area, Dr. Rifai may use liposuction during your procedure. The difference between liposuction and a tummy tuck are often confused. Read our differences page for more information.
Because of Dr. Rifai’s 3+ years of experience and attention to detail, scarring from the procedure is minimal and well hidden below your bikini line. Your scars will fade over time, and you will have the slimmer abdominal contour that fits with the natural flow of your body.
Learn more about:
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op and Recovery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Are You a Candidate For a Tummy Tuck?
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) vs Liposuction
If you are ready to see how abdominoplasty can change your figure, please call 248-723-937 or contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today to schedule your complimentary consultation with board-certified Detroit cosmetic surgeon Dr. Rifai. We serve patients in and around Southfield, Detroit, Port Huron, and Jackson, MI.