Preparing for your breast augmentation procedure can help you achieve better results, and it can also facilitate a faster and easier recovery. While it is important to speak to Dr. Rifai about your individual needs when planning ahead, here are some standard guidelines for our Southfield breast augmentation patients.
During the weeks leading up to your breast augmentation:
- Know what to expect – For a period of time, you will be unable to drive, engage in intercourse or exercise. Be clear about the timeframe plan accordingly. This includes scheduling transportation to and from your procedure.
- Minimize responsibilities – To ensure a smooth, comfortable recovery, adjust your schedule at home and at work. Reschedule meetings and arrange for childcare if needed. You will also want someone to stay with you during the first 24 hours of your recovery.
- Plan ahead – If you have been prescribed any medications, fill them before your surgery and have them readily available.
- Prepare your body – Your physical health is important, so be sure to eat a healthy diet and avoid alcohol in the days leading up to your procedure.
Within 24 hours of your procedure, adjust your schedule with these things mind:
- Vigorous exercise should be avoided
- After midnight, you will not be permitted to eat or drink anything, including water
- You can shower the night before your breast augmentation, but you will need to refrain from using makeup, moisturizers or deodorants
Dr. Rifai may also request additional preparation such as:
- Blood work
- Medication adjustments
- Temporary lifestyle changes for smokers
If you have additional questions about breast augmentation or you would like to schedule a consultation in the Southfield area, contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery at (248) 723-9370 to schedule a personal consultation with our Detroit cosmetic surgeon today.