In today’s society, it is not uncommon for women to feel insecure about their bodies. There is a certain standard of beauty that has been set, and it is often very difficult to attain. If you’re having trouble attaining your body goals, you may need to seek the help of Dr. Rifai and the Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery Clinic. They are able to help with a wide variety of issues, including removing stubborn fat pockets with liposuction.
What Is It?
Liposuction is the process of targeting fat cells in the body and removing them with a suction process. It decreases the excess fat cells in your body and allows you to make some significant progress on your weight loss journey. It targets a wide variety of areas, and can even help more difficult problem areas like your arms, abs, and neck.
What Are the Pros of Liposculpture?
Those who have undergone liposculpture report that it has a lot of wonderful benefits, the most obvious being the dramatic weight loss. Other pros include:
- Easy Recovery: The soreness and discomfort from the surgery may linger, but you’ll be mobile quickly. The majority of patients who undergo liposculpture are able to be mobile the very next day. However, depending on how much fat was removed during the procedure, additional bed rest time may be advised or needed. Any lingering discomfort is easily treated with pain medications.
- Quick Results: There will be some swelling as a result of the surgery. However, within two to three weeks, most patients are able to see a visible change in their appearance. From there, they are able to make significant strides. In fact, most people who undergo liposculpture lose two-thirds of their weight over the course of two years.
- Self Esteem Boost: Many who have had liposuction report a boost in self-esteem and increased opportunities at their place of work.
Are There Any Cons?
While liposculpture is a wonderful procedure, there are some requirements that have to be met before you can be considered a candidate. To qualify for the procedure, you must:
- Have failed repeatedly at losing weight through other methods
- Have proof of this failure
- Have a BMI that is considered extremely obese. Typically, the qualifying weight to be considered a candidate for this procedure is at least one hundred pounds over the average weight for other persons your height and age.
If you’ve been unable to reach your health goals, liposculpture may be the solution you need.